MINISTRY WANANGA: 2018
Click here to register for the POSTULANTS RETREAT, 8-9 June. Registrations close 1 June.
Click here to register for the KURA TAKURUA - WINTER SCHOOL, 9-12 August. Registrations close 3 August.
Please email any queries regarding Ministry Wananga to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wananga for 2018 will be held variously around the rohe and at Te Rau College, 9 Temple St, Turanga.
All Wananga will run 6PM on the starting date to 3:30PM on the end date if not otherwise advised.
Dates for each wananga and any exceptions to time will be confirmed in advance.
Generally Marae style at Te Rau College or elsewhere unless otherwise advised.
Alternative accommodation can be sought by prior arrangement.
Participants are welcome to arrange their own accommodation at their own expense.
Travel subsidies will be made available by prior arrangement.
If necessary, subsidies will be applied proportionally to those with the greatest need.
Ministry Wananga are open to:
- Licensed Ministers, Te Tairawhiti.
- Those invited by Te Rau College for training in ministry generally.
Wananga are compulsory for:
- All who are currently discerning to be licensed as Kaikarakia.
- All currently discerning for ordination to the Diaconate & the Priesthood.
- All ordained in the last two years.
EASTER WANANGA: 29 March-1 April
- Background, Theology underpinning Holy Week/Great Triduum/Easter.
- Observances Liturgy and Traditions
- Practical Tools & Skills.
- Additional Resources.
POSTULANTS RETREAT: 8-9 June
Bishop's Advisory Panel – For Postulants
- Discernment for Candidates for Ordination.
- Strengthening Faith & Ministry
- Worship, Prayer & Meditation.
KURA TAKURUA - WINTER SCHOOL: 9-12 August
- REO FOR MINISTRY
Karakia, Reo, Whakatauki, Tauparapara & Scripture for key occasions.
History, Whakapapa, Tikanga; Marks of being Mihinare / Anglican in Aotearoa / Tairawhiti.
- KARAKIA FOR VARIOUS OCCASIONS
Morning, Evening, in the home & key occasions.
- KARAKIA WAIRUA
Tikanga & Practice; Time w/ firsthand practitioners; “tuturu” v “karaitiana”.
Time to share and learn from each other.
POSTULANTS RETREAT: 14-15 September
Bishop's Advisory Panel - For Postulants
- Interviews and Recommendations.
Dates TBA for Kura Raumati (Summer School) in Janurary 2019.
PAREKEREKE + MINISTRY EDUCATION:2018
Alongside Ministry Schools, Kaiwhakaako will offer targeted training and workshops in each rohe with resources on:
KAUHAU - HOMILETICS
The art of good preaching.
TIKANGA KARAKIA - LITURGiCS
Understanding, constructing and leading good karakia.
TE MAHI MINITA - PASTORAL KARAKIA & MINISTRY
Understanding, and leading karakia for pastoral ministry.
TE PAREKEREKE - DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS
Implementing a guided programme for making disciples.